3/30/09

Content learning

CONTENT LEARNING

If I say to someone that I have to going through EDU3217 this semester for sure no one doesn’t know what EDU 3217 except for my fellow course mates is. Actually, EDU 3217 is Teaching Language of Drama. It is one of the courses that I have to take for this semester. I feel that I’m very lucky to have a very knowledgeable and dedicated person like Assoc. Prof. Dr. Malachi Edwin as my lecturer. Through this course, I have learnt a lot about drama.

Honestly, before I’m going through this course I just only see drama as drama totally. However, through this course I have learnt that drama is actually having various types and different era/age had the different drama. For example, Elizabethan drama is different with restoration drama. Besides, I’m also have learnt a lot of terms use in drama such as comedy, tragicomedy, farce, catharsis, aside and others. Frankly, it is quite hard for me to understand dramas/plays that I have to learn in this course especially dramas that have written by ancient writers (long time ago) such as Oedipus the King and King Lear. May be it is because I’m more familiar to modern drama. However, Dr. Edwin has made the learning interesting and I can understand about the story with his further explanation about the play/drama.

I think I have learnt a lot from Dr. Edwin about drama and the approaches that he used in teaching language of drama in class are really attractive and effective for students like me. I think I start to love drama and I could not stop learn about it. I have to learn more and further about drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment